Friday 19 December 2014

Cold Thaw Collaboration Challenge

Cold Thaw Collaboration Challenge

I am returning back to the classroom in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! I am so excited to be getting back to my room, my students and teaching. I love teaching! 

I stopped by the school today to pick up a key so I can spend some time in my classroom during winter break getting ready. I realized as I was standing in the hallway how many new faces there are. Our staff has changed a lot. 

We have a new administrator, new teachers, a new counsellor and new educational assistants. That is a lot of new faces. Many were squeezing my arm telling me how excited they are for my return. 

They have heard rumours of my teaching. They know my humour ( a new level to experience it first hand) and they heard how I like to connect with the staff. I think being connected is vital to our profession. I could NOT do my job to the best of my ability if I stayed ISOLATED in my classroom.

Yet there are so many new faces! This created an idea!

A challenge to get to know one another better! 

I want to know everyone better at my school.  

Wait....I want to connect.....not just with my school but with other like minded teachers in my board, community and in our province.

The COLD THAW COLLABORATION CHALLENGE was born!


Over 10 weeks starting January 12th a new challenge will be sent out. One challenge once a week. This will help us build connections in our school, community, board and our province. 

I am excited for this challenge.

Sign up here or in the forum below.

Follow the challenges on the blog here.

I am excited to get to know you better weather you are the school, board, community or beyond!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Maria,

    Your cold thaw challenge sounds like a great idea. I am really impressed how you utilize social technology to do so many great things, particularly building community. Best wishes on your challenge!!

    Sean

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...